PACK'S TAVERN

Pack’s Tavern is located in the historic Hayes & Hopson Building in downtown Asheville. Built in 1907 as a supplier of lumber, and then automotive parts, the building most recently housed county offices. Demolishing the offices exposed original brick walls, wood floors, beadboard ceilings and heavy roof trusses. New window openings provide a friendlier façade to the City’s Pack Square Park while offering daylight and views to restaurant patrons. The period-designed restaurant and bar occupy the main level, while an events venue was developed on the upper level. Historically-appropriate lighting, fans, woodwork and ceramic tile were incorporated into the project. An outdoor dining patio fronts the City park. The project received a Griffin Award for excellence in preservation.
PACK'S TAVERN
PACK'S TAVERN PACK'S TAVERN
PACK'S TAVERN
PACK'S TAVERN PACK'S TAVERN
PACK'S TAVERN
Document Actions
Sections
Personal tools